Rite of Joy is a Poetry for Personal Power Mental Health and Arts wellness conference centered around Black/African American people and their experiences.
This conference will convene practitioners and peers to create opportunities for diverse communities of practice to engage in collective learning, networking, examination of research, and evidenced best practices and outcomes. It will provide a space to build Health Partner support communities across the nation dedicated to promoting and developing sustained mental health and well-being within Black/ African American communities.
October 14 — 16, 2021
1901 NW Blue Parkway
Unity Village, MO 64065
Check below for related opportunities…
The big event at the culmination of the Rite of Joy programming.
Support the work of P3 and mental wellness in the Black / African American community and get some great perks by sponsoring our events.
Become a Conference Vendor
With a $1000 prize on the line, the Slam is a can’t miss part of the conference agenda. Register to compete or attend.
We look forward to seeing you in Kansas City!
We are encouraged by the progress being made in the fight against COVID-19 and are planning to host this event in-person. This section will be continuously updated as we learn more.
Our current plans include:
- Making personal protective equipment available
- Requiring mask use
- Taking social distancing precautions
We ask that attendees plan to take the following precautions:
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign a COVID-19 safety acknowledgment
- If you have any COVID-like symptoms, have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or have traveled internationally within 14 days of the event, you will not be permitted to attend in-person
- Masks will be REQUIRED for all in-person functions. Violators will be asked to leave the event.
- Please understand there is risk involved when attending any in-person event